Monday, October 19, 2009

American Dressing


One of the most popular hamburger condiments here in Sweden is this so-called "American Dressing", and I'm not sure where it comes from but I know I've never seen it in America. And it's terrible. I guess the closest thing you could compare it to would be that "special sauce" you find on a Big Mac, but even worse. The Swedes love the stuff and I think they are embarrassed by that. Maybe that's why it's called American dressing. That way they can enjoy it on their burgers but they don't have to take credit for inventing it, they can just blame it on the Americans. So when you are ordering a burger at a Swedish burger joint (which I would discourage you from doing in the first place) I would strongly recommend asking for no sauce.

6 comments:

  1. I thought this sauce was DELICIOUS, and I wish they sold it here.

    So I would strongly recommend asking for extra sauce, or if you're making a burger at home, squeezing that tube 'til there's nothing left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuck this is the best sauce ever made where can you buy it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure that it is just Thousand Island dressing. If so, it is American and it is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stuff is awesome, so wish I vould buy it here. And surely it's not only thousand island, more of a hybrid mix jetween that, remulade, pickled relish and what have you.

    ReplyDelete